Acquisition & Development
In early 2010 Aimbridge Hospitality formed a venture partnership with Argonaut Private Equity, a private equity and venture capital firm specializing in growth capital, middle market, early venture, mid venture, late venture, turnaround and buyout investments. Argonaut Private Equity, founded in 2002 and based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is dedicated to building emerging market leaders. With more than $2 billion under management provided by a single entrepreneur, Argonaut is uniquely positioned to assist entrepreneurial companies like Aimbridge Hospitality.
Through the partnership between Aimbridge and Argonaut, a sponsorship fund of $100 million was created. The purpose of this fund is to allow Aimbridge to make meaningful equity investments alongside our equity partners in order to demonstrate our alignment of interests. Currently, Aimbridge has sliver investments in the majority of the portfolio.”
Over the past 3 years Aimbridge has partnered in and been affiliated with over $500 million of hotel acquisitions.
Typical Investment Parameters Include:
- Full and Select Service Hotels
- Unencumbered by Management
- Stabilized and Distressed Assets
- Renovation, Rebranding and Repositioning Opportunities
- Sliver Equity Investment or Third Party Management
Acquisition and Development Services
- Feasibility, Market Studies and Investment Analysis
- Technical and Pre-Opening Services for New Development
- Negotiations with Brand Regarding Franchise Agreements and Property Improvement Plans